Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An Interesting Valance Decoration

I'll be honest, I pretty much hate making window treatments.  I find them to be tedious and boring.  But, when a favorite customer asked me to sew one, I agreed.  Her projects are always interesting and creative, plus she only wanted one.  (I hate doing bridesmaid dresses too because it is multiples of the same thing!). 
She travels a lot and had these pins and belt that she wanted as trim.

I made a simple swag with a rod pocket.  Pleated the ends and attached the pins and pendants.


They don't match, but they balance each other, color and size.

This is a close up of the belt.  I attached it with a decorative machine stitch that echos stitching already on the belt.  I think it is a great way to use travel souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!