Thursday, March 28, 2013

Organizing your Closet for Spring

Each new season, I like to go through my closet and weed out.  I've been getting newsletters from Get Buttoned Up with organizing tips.  This recent article, "Simple Closet Switches" suggests buying flat, flocked hangers to streamline and unify your closet.  I totally agree.  I bought some and it actually helped make more space because I replaced bulkier hangers with the flat ones.  Tip #4 though, I don't agree with completely.  I do have a door shoe rack, but mine has closed pockets and hangs on the lower half of the door.  The one shown in the article has open shelves and looks like it is face level on the door.  I don't want the bottoms of my shoes right in my face every time I go in the closet!  The Buttoned Up newsletter has lots of great articles and ideas to keep me motivated. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lead on Get Buttoned Up. I'm organizationally challenged, but appreciate all the tips and encouragement I can get.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!