Friday, April 12, 2013

Feline Friday-Vinal Cross Body Bag

My favorite red vinal shoulder bag that my daughter gave me 1 1/2 years ago is wearing out.  I needed a replacement.  Looking in the Feb/Mar. 2013 issue of Sew News magazine, I found the perfect bag.  I used red and orange marine vinal, a loud combo I know, but a statement bag for summer is what I want! 
It has swivel hooks and "D" rings to attach the straps.  The front and back look the same.

You can wear it with the flap up for more room.

A magnetic snap closes the bag securely.

Inside, there are 2 pockets.  Please notice the cats on the lining (it is Feline Friday after all!).

The textured panels called for a product I didn't have so I used tucks instead.

And of course, Emma wanted to be in the picture too.
A few notes- I left out the extra interfacing called for in the instructions.  I would use a stitch length of 3 but no longer.  Reinforce the strap tabs!  I love this purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!