Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hand Made Guitars

This has nothing to do with sewing, but my husband Marc Stockdon makes guitars in his spare time.
These are pictures of various stages of construction.





He uses solid wood, bone, shell, silver.









A ukulele.





Here are some examples of his work. So far he has made at least 60 instruments (including guitars, ukulele, mandolin and a gourd).
































The man himself. He loves making instruments and knowing he is helping spread beautiful music through the world.


If you are interested, leave a comment or e-mail us.






4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, my brother also builds electric guitars. He doesn't make the bodies, though. This is a high art, and his instruments are amazing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an after work jam at the Garden Deli & Pizza in Manteo, NC. Elijah Crooker pulled out one of these. What a great sounding guitar. Tell me about your Mandolins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marc says: Thank you for your comment on the guitar. I have made a mandolin and a mandola, but I am currently trying to perfect my technique, check back with me sometime. Do you play?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!