Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quilt Festival Entry-2009

I made this quilt for my sister's first baby (she had a girl). I am not a traditional hand quilter. I prefer to just start throwing fabric in a pile to see what goes together. I then start sewing pieces together and go with it wherever it takes me. This one is about 45"x45", a good size for a baby quilt. She can spread it on the floor for play time or cuddle up under it for reading. Mostly, I want it to be used and enjoyed! I like to use clothing fabric, home dec and quilting cottons all together because I think it adds interest. I dyed the purple myself in a jar of jello. I think it is such a cheerful happy quilt.

This is an entry in the quilt festival- http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors and cute idea for the stitching. Great gift. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I really love the flower-vine stitching on the blue gingham sashing - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt! Love the colors. : ) Your attitude and approach to quilting are refreshing. ; ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!