Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Easy to Sew Apron- First Project of 2010!

This project was so easy, it's hard to believe! I made the whole apron on the morning of Jan.1,2010! I used an old apron and traced the shape onto the fabric (an oilcloth by Odyssea from Quilting Adventures www.quiltingadventures.com ). I chose oilcloth so my clothes don't get wet while I'm doing the dishes; this would also work fine for regular fabric too.
I used 2 packages of 1/2" wide double fold bias tape (no need for hemming). I bound all the edges except the armholes. Simply insert the fabric into the bias tape and sew.
Bind the armholes and create the waist ties and neck loop all in one operation.


I reinforced the ties with extra stitching.


Mitered corners. What better way to start off the new year than with a quick and easy sewing project?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!