Thursday, December 8, 2011

Emma, The Escape Artist

Emma is the sister on the right.  She is the Cat Singer.  Alice and Emma are sisters we adopted about 4 years ago from our back alley.  They didn't run from me when I went to pick them up.  Emma has always been a little skittish though.  Yesterday she gave us a real fright.  I realized at lunch that I hadn't seen her for a couple of hours.  Not too worried because the cats usually take an afternoon nap.  I figured she'd come out for dinner.  By dinner we were getting concerned.  With flashlights we looked in every closet and under beds.  She never goes outside, so she had to be in the house somewhere.  Calling her and cat treats didn't work.  Panic was setting in.  We went up in the attic and looked everywhere.  I was really afraid she had gotten stuck in the walls.  I was imagining horrible things by then.  Trying to stay positive, I tucked tearful kids into bed that night.  In the morning I woke up and found Emma sleeping peacefully on the sofa!  Where did she go?!  She was perfectly fine, no cobwebs stuck to her.  I wish I could speak cat.  We are so happy she is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!