Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Seat Cushion Covers

So this is what I have been working on lately: 8 seat cushion covers!
My customer chose the fabric and sent me the measurements.
I think they turned out great!  The butterfly pillow, below, is a nice addition.

The cushions have a long zipper that wraps around 2 corners for easy on and off.

When applying the piping, be sure and clip the corners so it will bend around.  This shows the piping being attached to one top piece.  I used a regular foot here and then used a zipper foot for the final sewing so the stitches will be less likely to show.


To join the piping, I clipped the inside cord so it would just meet.  The tan fabric is longer so the raw edges of one side can be turned under for a neat finish.
 

Just in time to enjoy the beautiful weather!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!