Sunday, March 8, 2009

Project Progress: knitting fabric strips

In a previous post, I had started knitting with fabric scraps left over from a skirt alteration. Well, here is what I ended up with.
A blue trivet sized knitted square. The brown trivet is from a tweed skirt and was quite a bit harder to knit with. Even the blue cotton guaze felt like I was fighting with it. What I learned from my experiment: use very lightweight material (a fine t-shirt knit perhaps) and it takes a lot of fabric strips to knit. So maybe 10 or more t-shirts would yeild 1 purse. That experiment is for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!