Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pattern Review: The Darling Handbag








Here is a Darling Handbag I made from this pattern by The Quilt Man. It's a very easy, quick pattern and a great purse! A nice size for everyday and it opens really wide so you can see the contents easily. He sells kits with the pattern, but I opted to pick out my own fabrics. I used fusible fleece inside as directed in the pattern. An elastic hair band is the button loop. He includes instructions for a unique fabric button as well. I decided to use a vintage button from my collection. I plan on trying out his button directions soon. The Darling Handbag could actually be reversible. It folds flat for storage. I will definitely be making this one again!

1 comment:

  1. I just found out The Quilt Man is closing at the end of July 2009. www.thequiltmanva.com for sale days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!