Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gallery of Pin Cushions

Pin cushions can be made out of all sorts of things. Here are 3 antique ceramic cushions. The lovely lady in the middle was made from a face powder container.

This is a pillow with elastic attached so you can wear it on your wrist.










Here is my Colonial Mouse that is a pin cushion and much more! I attached pockets to her skirt so she can carry all kinds of small tools and notions.






















I believe this child's shoe is from Turkey. Both my kids wore them when they were about 2 years old. I made a pin cushion by stuffing it and then covering it with fabric.












I organize my machine needles in this one.





I made this from a pill container with steel wool in it. It is supposed to sharpen pins stuck in it. I covered the label with contact paper.







My daughter made me this one when she was 8!








I made this one.






Here is a bird from my grandmother's sweater. Stuffed with pillow stuffing and weighted with polished rocks.






I hope this inspires you! Let me know what fun or unusual pin cushions you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!