Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pattern Review: Vogue 7693 Wrap Dress


This pattern is a few years old, but the design is universally flattering.  I have yet to see someone look bad in a wrap style dress.  This vogue pattern has a built up neck and mock wrap front with a center back zipper.  Of course, I can't leave anything alone, so I changed it to a front zipper and a real wrap!  It looks great on.  I underlined the skirt since it is a white print (rayon twill).  I sewed this to wear to my 25th high school reunion-eeek!  Sometimes I have found Vogue patterns are more difficult than they really need to be, but this pattern was clearly written.  I also wanted a small bag to carry a camera and essentials in, so I just happened to have this fabric (I love it when this happens) that goes great with the shoes and dress!
I lined the bag in a purple quilted fabric for body.
I am really pleased with how it all came together.  Unbelievably, I only bought the shoes, the rest was made from fabrics, pattern and supplies I already had in my sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!