Friday, May 20, 2011

Patriotic Quilts

In honor of Armed Forces Day- Patriotic Quilts!  Actually, any quilt in red, white and blue could be considered patriotic.  With that in mind, these reversible drink coasters could be included.  I've been wanting to sew a large wall hanging.  It would be really easy using flip quilt instructions.  Robert Kaufman has some armed forces and flag prints.  A selection of red, white and blue fat quarters could be used in a patriotic quilt.  A quilt made of bandanas in red white and blue would be pretty.  I just bought a very unusual bandana from Walmart for $1.00.  Actually, the more I think about it, the more I might need to go back and buy enough to make a quilt!

Here are some of my favorite patriotic quilts from etsy-
homespun patchwork
mini flag
antique indigo blue red 1890s quilt
flags in stars
tabletopper
liberty
zig-zag quilt

Enjoy and be inspired while we celebrate Armed Forces Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!