Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dressing Jesus

I was asked to clothe this Jesus doll.  There is a stained class window of Jesus surrounded by lambs at church that I chose as inspiration.  In the window, he is wearing a simple red robe with a white stole.  Once again, my fabric stash came through for me!  I used a red/burgundy broadcloth and a very soft ecru organic cotton herringbone. 

I simply drew a shape around him leaving plenty of room.

I folded the fabric in half so both sides would be the same.  Stitched the sides with 1/4" seams.  I hand hemmed the sleeves and used the selvidge as the bottom hem.  As for fitting it over his head, I cut a slit in back until it would fit.  I serged the edges of the stole.
Jesus is now ready for Vacation Bible School!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!