Monday, August 17, 2009

Gallery of Instrument Cases- Mandolin Case

This is a Mandolin case I made using scraps left over from my raggedy bed quilt. I started by tracing the shape on brown paper and adding a little extra for ease (but not much though).
It fits great. The padding is 1" green foam which was maddening to work with because it has a mind of its own!

It is lined in white satin but at the top I put a denim piece to keep the string ends from snagging on the satin.

Probably should have used white thread in my serger- oh well.

The end result is a cozy case that fits great and really protects the instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!