Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Really Neat Fundraiser

A few years ago, my kids' school did a funraiser that involved putting their artwork on a variety of items.  Mugs, pillow cases, boxes etc. were all choices as well as fabric squares.  I ordered the fabric and finally got around to finishing them.  Part of the reason it took me so long is I was waiting for the school to do it again, so I would have more squares to work with!

Well, it became apparent that this was it.  So I asked the kids to pick out fabric from my stash that they would like me to use to frame their art.  I sewed them separately in case they wanted to hang it in their rooms.  I pieced the borders and then sewed, right sides together, around the edges.  No interior stitching so I can actually stuff each one and make them pillows later on, if they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!