Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jeans into a Chatelaine


I love a good challenge!  My local American Sewing Guild chapter had a denim challenge at our annual meeting.  You had to take a pair of jeans and make something from it.  They didn't specify a size, so I used 12 month old baby jeans.  They had nice embroidery already on them.


 This was all that was left.


I constructed a chatelaine to hold my sewing tools.  There were already plenty of pockets, so I didn't follow my pattern, but I did take the general idea of it.


I added the heart and button in the left picture above.  I also added some fabric from a denim skirt as the backing and the neck section.


There are 7 pockets (the lower right is a flap, but no pocket).  It was a bit difficult sewing through all the layers on the side seams.  If I were to make another one, I would use slightly larger jeans like size 18 months.  Then I would cut off the bulkiest parts.  I am quite pleased with the results, plus I won 1st place for the accessories category!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!