Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge with SewCalGal

SewCalGal is offering a sew along for Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) here .  There will be monthly practices to do and experts to help you learn and improve your skills.  This is not an actual class, but a very doable challenge.  I'm excited!  Here is my January assignment completed and I am ready for more!
I started with a 12"x12" quilt sandwich of fabric and batting I had on hand.  I was having so much fun, I did another sandwich until my thread ran out.

I found that controlling my speed was difficult at times and that I got the best results when I didn't go too fast or too slow (with my foot pedal and my hand movement).

I used regular sewing thread because it was what I had on hand.  I was inspired by the heart shaped leaves so I cut up my smaller sample and made valentines!

5 comments:

  1. Love your cards - kreativity :-)
    A fun challenge to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely FMQ work Cynthia. And, I too love the cards you made with it. Great idea.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at all of your fmq pieces, and it looks like you are having fun with it. I love the way you put together the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I am and learning a lot too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!