Monday, July 26, 2010

Book Review: Koos Couture Collage

It is so hard to sew during the summer with my kids home, so I was rooting around in my closet and found this vest I made a few years ago.
I was inspired by "Koos Couture Collage" by Linda Chang Teufel.  Published in 2002, 107 pages of beautiful examples of clothes by Koos van der Akker. 
He does a lot of applique and bias binding, both of which can be tricky.  The leather leaf wanted to stretch while I was sewing it and going around circles with bias requires patience.


I free hand cut the leaves.  I like the challenge of using what is already in my sewing room.  Can you believe I didn't buy anything for this project?
 
This is the back view.  Originally, I thought I would make it reversible, but I changed my mind.  The lining is striped.


Then, a year later, I was in a thrift store and saw this Koos sweater jacket!  He sells on QVC. 

It was neat to see an original Koos in person after drooling over the pictures in the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!