Friday, November 2, 2012

Feline Friday-Fabric Collage Vest

Here is my finished fabric collage vest using Rosemary Eichorn's Sewjourner vest #6!
I am really happy with how it turned out.  I've already worn it and I got lots of good feedback on it.
I left off the buttons because it didn't seem to need them.  Plus, I like both the fronts and
didn't want to cover one up.

The back View.  You can see a little of the lining- I added the red flower for fun.  The slice of orange sun is peeking through the trees.

I added little animals in my magical forest.  A cat and below is a snail.


A bird is in one of the trees.  When it came time to bind the vest, this bird was too close to the edge.
I didn't want to lose her tail, so I cut the binding at that point.

This shows the raw front edge meeting the bound edge.  The whole vest is free motion quilted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!